Thursday 4 July 2013

I made a promise!

I did say I wanted to make this blog more about TV because there is quite frankly nothing I know more about than TV, so I'm writing one right now to distract myself from tidying things up.

Since February, I have been ALL about Criminal Minds and quite frankly I'm annoyed I didn't give it a chance sooner. My brother and his girlfriend would watch it and I'd sit with headphones on thinking it wasn't my cup of tea. But then series 8 started and I didn't have said headphones and I heard Rossi speak and thought "God that's Fat Tony from the Simpsons!" so I watched and saw Reid and thought "God he's gorgeous!" then saw Morgan, thought the same, I loved JJ, I loved Hotch, Blake and ESPECIALLY even my baby girl, Penelope Garcia and I was hooked. in.

If you're unfamiliar with it, worry not, because I will explain it all. We're in the BAU (Behavioural Analysis Unit) headquarters in Quantico, Virginia. We have the SSAs Aaron Hotchner, Jason Gideon, Derek Morgan, Elle Greenaway (and later Emily Prentiss, Dave Rossi and Alex Blake) the Communication Liason Officer (And later SSA) Jennifer (JJ) Jareau, technical analyst and all round queen of everything Penelope Garcia and last but by no means least, Dr Spencer Reid. They're profilers, so this is the real nitty gritty of not what happened, but why did they do it, and how will that help us catch them. The team, Hotch in particular, is constantly under the scrutiny of Chief Erin Strauss who isn't a fan of how he gets things done, but maaaaan does the guy get things done!
They come up against some of the most prolific and elusive serial killers in the United States and, sometimes with devastating soul crushing results, they catch them, every time. There isn't a lot more I can say without dropping all mighty spoilers and verbally drooling over it, I just can't recommend it highly enough. So here's my experience with it!

SO, I watched season 8 along with them, got impatient and watched ahead. While doing so, a TV channel was showing season 2, 3 and 4 so I watched all of those. I wasn't going to watch Season 1 because, I'll be honest, I didn't like Elle from what I'd seen in Season 2, but Season 1-4 has just been made available on Netflix (so NOW is your chance!) so I really had no excuse. I have half of season 5, all of 6 and 7 to go, but I'm reluctant because, from bits I've caught watching with my bro, My precious Dr Reid goes through some problems and I might will cry for him. I have never been into crime dramas, never had any interest with the actual FBI/Police/CIA, but I literally can't get enough of it, I am obsessed and I would like to drop out of my Broadcast Journalism degree and join the BAU.

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE criminal minds!!!!!! you can watch seasons 1-7 on Lovefilm (which ive been watching back to back for two weeks haha. I want to have Matthew Gray Gublers babies he is a beautiful beautiful man.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am right with you there! He is such an awkwardly beautiful man! They're onto season 9 and 10 now, I'm way too excited for all of this!

      Delete